We teach the following critical competencies:
- Sentiment analysis: using code to interpret emotion from data. Understand what your audience and customers are thinking
- Visualising Data: How the design and psychology behind data visualisation can influence audiences
- Text mining: Mine text to gain greater insights on customers and audiences
- Presentation Skills: Learn how to communicate your data visualisations and insights to a demanding audience
- Predicting the future: how predictive modelling helps you to model what might happen
- Data strategy: understand how data helps get the best from your audience and your organisation
- Big Data: what is big data and how is it shaping the business landscape?
- Social data: How can social conversations be leveraged to gain insights for your organisation
- Safety and Security Online: Learn how to be safe online and minimise personal risk while conducting online research and investigations
- The Deep Web & covert social networks
- International social media intelligence
Our mission is to help you be the best professional you can be by developing the following skills:
- Creative mindset: Simple analytics aren’t enough. We teach you how to be a data-driven problem solver. Learn how to creatively analyse and communicate your insights to generate real business value
- First class technical skills: Learn how to use the latest tools and techniques to extract insight from data sets and social media
Our workshops guarantee measurable outcomes. Our curricula are designed around the highest academic and professional standards. We draw on the experience of the world’s foremost practitioners and use real-world case studies and simulations to help students retain the lessons learned and apply them in the workplace.
The Business of IA workshop is designed around the needs of today’s digital professional and is as affordable as possible. They have been competitively priced to help organisations and individuals develop this critical 21st century skillset.
Access to a professional network of world-class companies
We are committed to enhancing the professional prospects of our students and during our courses, we place them in contact with proven executives from world-class companies to provide immediate feedback and become connected to influencers that will enhance their career prospects.
Instructors & Coaches
Dr. Lawrence Ampofo
The MD of Semantica Research, Lawrence is a thought leader in the area of digital technology and its impact on the international system. With over ten years of experience in international affairs, data analysis and social media, Dr. Ampofo has led workshops for numerous FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 companies, national governments and supranational agencies. Dr. Ampofo holds a Ph.D. from the University of London in International Relations and Politics which focused on the use of social data to understand online extremism.
Dr. Ampofo has also taught courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level on business intelligence, digital business management, International Relations and data science.
Who is this for?
- Communications Strategists
- Chief information officers
- Researchers, Analysts and Desk Officers
- Content Strategists,
- Heads of Digital,
- Chief Creative Officer,
- Chief Marketing Officer,
- Head of Strategic Communications
Course Requirements: Participants are required to bring a laptop with them on the day. The other course materials will be provided.
Course Hours: The workshop will run from 09:00 to 17:00 including a one-hour lunch break and two half an hour coffee breaks
Location: The course takes place in London
Language: The language of instruction in addition to the course materials will be in English
Since one of the most important aspects of learning is being able to discuss our ideas and relate them to real-world business, there will be a fabulouscomplimentary private networking lunch after the workshop.