The Internet of Things is fast becoming an important element of the digital landscape that business executives, thought leaders and investors find increasingly difficult to ignore. While much of the mainstream and business discussion at the moment focuses on the array of connected devices that are exploding on the market and thepotential revenues to be gained from this evolved digital infrastructure, it’s arguably more important to understand how the IoT will change business revenue models and ways organisations’ can remain competitive in such an environment.
What is abundantly clear is that the traditional models of value creation for businesses will change irrevocably in the very near future and organisations that remain tethered to the traditional ways of doing things will do so to their peril.
In this episode, I speak with Dr. Markus Weinberger. He is the director of the Bosch IoT Lab at the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland and is one of the world’s foremost thinkers on business innovation and the Internet of Things. In the show, Dr. Weinberger shares with us his vision for the ways businesses will have to adapt to a hyper-connected market and updates us on the real-world case studies that demonstrate how forward-thinking business executives are successfully adapting to a world of connected devices.
This is a fascinating episode and one which is particularly close to our hearts here at Semantica Research. We are hosting an international virtual summit on this topic called “Internet of Things and Business Transformation Summit” in which we speak with IoT and business leaders from around the world on ways the IoT will disrupt business. Register for the summit for free here. We look forward to connecting with you!
What you will learn in this episode:
- The importance of ‘Connectors’ in future digital businesses
- How the IoT will enable businesses to have a far closer relationship with consumers
- How business models will undergo significant change in the age of the IoT
- What organisations and executives can do right now to innovate for the IoT
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- #15 Social Intelligence and Consumer Behaviour with Dr. Jillian Ney - 16th October 2017
- #14 The Intelligence Behind Our Images with Tom McGrath - 8th October 2017
- #13 Mobile Giving with Danny Denhard - 14th August 2017