The Connected Car; the auto industry has been one of the industries that has been at the vanguard of the Internet of Things and in this very special episode I speak with Jamyn Edis, who is the CEO and Co-Founder ofDash, a company which has created an OBD (On Board Diagnostic Device) that connects your smartphone to your car. Once your device is connected, the driver can save money on their running costs, reduce fuel consumption and improve safety by having access to real-time data from the engine and the smartphone sensors.
In this wide-ranging discussion, Jamyn shares his insight on ways people and industry can profit from the broader Internet of Things trend as most cars are now equipped with a 3G and 4G connection.
In this episode, you will discover:
- How the IoT will eventually incentivise safer driving
- How the insurance industry and connected cars will interlink
- How the IoT will track drivers and make driving safer, greener and smarter
- How connected cars will take the complexity away from driving
- How the IoT will empower drivers with data
Resources mentioned in the show:
- #15 Social Intelligence and Consumer Behaviour with Dr. Jillian Ney - 16th October 2017
- #14 The Intelligence Behind Our Images with Tom McGrath - 8th October 2017
- #13 Mobile Giving with Danny Denhard - 14th August 2017