You do not have to go far to find expert opinion pieces extolling the the ways that the Internet of Things will change businesses and other organisations in a profound manner. Professor Philip Howard thinks about the bigger-picture impact of the IoT and how these technologies will profoundly change how nation states and their citizens organise, govern and interact with each other.
In this episode, you will discover:
- How the Internet of Things will change everything in politics
- How the IoT will ultimately provide clear and cohesive political and social structure
- How the IoT will generate almost perfect behavioural data
- The politicisation of digital data
- How power in the 21st century will be determined through networks
- The importance of hard power in the development of the Internet of Things